The employer is the largest and leading UK distributor within their sector with an annual turnover of £33M, based in the Eastern part of London (Essex, Rainham). The company supplies Eastern European products to independent retailers and specialized stores all across the UK and is proud to have a portfolio of 400 clients. The business is constantly growing and they’ve recently started to work with the major supermarket chains in the UK. Currently, they are looking for a Head of Sales to continue their expansion.
Your role will involve:
- During your first weeks in the role, you’ll have to scrupulously analyze the current sales data and be able to draw conclusions followed by a strategic plan on how to achieve newly set goals and objectives
- You’ll be working closely with Marketing, Procurement and Operations departments on a daily basis
- You will be leading and growing a team of Key Account Managers and Field Sales Agents – up to 10 people
- You will be responsible for maintaining the current business and growing the new sales channel – retail chains. They already have some very big names on board.
- You will be reporting to the Managing Director of the company
Your challenges and opportunities:
- Manage the change which comes with restructuring of a commerce function within the organization
- Transform the existing culture of the current sales department
- Find a working strategy and tactics to meet and exceed your quarterly and yearly targets and KPIs
- A basic salary depending on your experience and competence (£50-70k p/a) plus performance-based bonus
- Private pension scheme and health insurance
- Company culture of a high integrity, driven by respect to employees, clients, and stakeholders
- Office space in a newly built office
Please apply if you:
- Have at least 3 years of managerial experience in sales/business development function in the consumer goods industry, dealing with the major retail chains.
If you think you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact and/or send your resume.